The health inspection must submit:
1.1. for registration of a medical practitioner:
• the application/form “Recording Card of Medical Persons and Medical Assistance Persons Register”;
• a copy of the medical education document, which certifies the acquisition of professional qualifications in the field of health care in a programme accredited in Latvia (if the medical education document is obtained abroad, it must be recognised in Latvia. Read more: Recognition of professional qualifications acquired abroad for https://www.vi.gov.lv/lv/pakalpojumi/arvalstis-professionalised-qualifi…; https://latvija.lv/lv/PPK/dzives-situacija/sub-situacija/p1290_Practice;
• individuals who have obtained a medical diploma more than five years ago must provide an additional document on a successful professional fitness check. Read more information about educational institutions: https://www.vi.gov.lv/lv/arstniecibas-and-support-people-registracija
• persons who have acquired medical education in their home country-abroad and plan to participate in the provision of the healthcare process in Latvia must also submit a document confirming the skills of the official language.
• persons who, after obtaining a diploma in Latvia, have worked in the profession or in one of the basic professional specialties, sub-specialties or additional specialties outside Latvia in one of the Member States of the European Economic Area or in the Swiss Confederation for a period of not less than three years in the last five years, must submit an application with the relevant request and be accompanied by an accounting card of medical persons and medical treatment support persons the following documents must be added:
- a statement from the employer or other document regarding the professional activity carried out, specifying the profession, position and period during which the professional activity was carried out;
- a statement regarding the right to perform professional activities (e.g. Certificate of Good Standing) issued by the competent institution of the country in which the medical practitioner performed his or her professional activities.
1.2. for registration of a medical treatment aid person:
the submission/form “Recording Card of the Register of Medical Persons and Medical Assistance Persons” and the vocational development education certificate regarding the acquisition of a licensed vocational development education programme in matters of patient data protection for at least eight hours (a copy). For course information (free courses) read more: https://www.mitto.me/mclaipa-macibu-program/registracija
When appealing to medical practitioners and medical treatment support persons must present a valid personal identification document and present the original documents.
Receipt of services
The Health Inspectorate shall, within a month after receipt of all the necessary documents, take a decision regarding the registration of a medical practitioner or a medical treatment support person or regarding the refusal to register a medical practitioner or a medical treatment support person and inform the applicant:
1) by electronic means, the electronic mail address indicated in the application/form “Register of Medical Persons and Medical Assistance Persons”;
2) by post to the address specified in the application/form “Register of Medical Persons and Medical Assistance Persons”;
3) in person - in the Health Inspectorate, during the specified working time.