The activities of the Health Inspectorate shall aim to implement the functions of the State administration in the supervision and control of the health sector in order to ensure compliance with the requirements of the regulatory enactments regulating the sector and compliance.
The activity of the inspection shall be determined by Cabinet Regulation No. 309 of 9 July 2019.
Eight lines of action have been identified for the Health Inspectorate:
- Control of medical treatment institutions;
- Monitoring of the distribution and use (operation) of medical devices;
- Monitoring the quality of health care and health assessment;
- Maintenance of the register of medical treatment institutions, medical practitioners and medical treatment support persons;
- Control of pharmaceutical, veterinary pharmaceutical business and the circulation of medicinal products;
- Increased control of risk subjects;
- Monitoring of environmental factors affecting public health;
- Monitoring of chemical substances, cosmetic products of chemical mixtures, tobacco products, electronic cigarettes on the Latvian market.