The health inspection must submit:
1.1. for the renewal of the register of a medical practitioner:
• if the term of registration of a medical practitioner wishes to be renewed within a period of five years from the date of expiry of the registration period in the register: the application/form “Application for renewal or renewal of the register” and copies of the documents certifying information regarding the acquisition or development of professional knowledge or skills within the last five years prior to the date of receipt of this submission in the Inspectorate:
- a doctor's, dentist's, doctor's assistant (feldscher), dentist's assistant, cosmetic, radiologist's assistant, biomedical technician, masseur, dentist, physiotherapist, audiologopic, ergotherapist, technical orthopae, optometrista, physiotherapist's assistant, ergotherapist's assistant, in the profession of specialist, dental technician, polylogist, radiograph, art therapist, military paramedicist, beauty specialist (cosmetology), at least 150 academic hours during the registration term, including the development of professional knowledge in the provision of emergency medical assistance or an accompanying copy of the document on the successful completion of the professional compliance check the occupation concerned;
- in the case of nurses, midwives or nurses in the profession, at least 100 academic hours during the period of registration, including the development of professional knowledge in the provision of emergency medical assistance or a copy of the document accompanying it on the successful completion of the professional fitness check in the profession;
• if the term of the register of a medical practitioner wishes to be renewed during a period longer than five years from the date of the end of the registration period in the register: the application/form “Application for renewal or renewal of the register” and a copy of the document relating to the successful completion of the professional conformity check in the profession concerned.
For information on educational establishments where professional compliance checks can be completed, read more: https://www.vi.gov.lv/lv/arstniecibas-and-support-person-registracija
• a medical practitioner who has expired, but in the profession or in one of the basic professional specialties, sub-specialties or additional specialties, has performed a professional activity outside the Republic of Latvia in one of the Member States of the European Economic Area or in the Swiss Confederation for a period of not less than three years in the last five years, has the right to renew the registration by submitting an application to the Health Inspectorate with a request registration in the register of time limits. The submission shall specify the given name, surname, identification of the medical practitioner, the profession in which the renewal of the registration period is necessary and the following documents shall be appended:
- a statement from the employer or other document regarding the professional activity carried out, specifying the profession, position and period during which the professional activity was carried out;
- a statement regarding the right to perform professional activities (e.g. Certificate of Good Standing) issued by the competent institution of the country in which the medical practitioner performed his or her professional activities.
Military paramedics shall, in addition to the application/form “Application for renewal or renewal of the register”, submit approval of the Joint Headquarters of the National Armed Forces.
1.2. submit an application for the renewal of the medical treatment support personal register, in which the given name, surname, identification of the medical treatment support person and profession of the medical treatment support person shall be indicated, in which the extension of the registration period and the vocational development education certificate regarding the acquisition of a licensed vocational development education programme in patients data protection matters shall be required (a copy) or the original of this document shall be presented. For course information (free courses) read more: https://www.mitto.me/mclaipa-macibu-program/registracija
The person must present the original document and a valid personal identification document when addressing it.
Receipt of services
The Health Inspectorate shall, within a period of one month after receipt of all the necessary documents, take a decision regarding the registration of a medical practitioner or a medical treatment support person or regarding the refusal to register a medical practitioner or a medical treatment support person, inform the person:
1) the electronic mail address indicated in the application/form “Application for renewal or renewal of the register”;
2) by post to the address indicated in the application/form “Application for renewal or renewal of the register”;
3) in person - in the Health Inspectorate, during the specified working time.